Where are my coconut lovers at? Where are my “I want to be healthy but I have a sweet tooth” peeps at? This one is for YOU!
Remember that Sweetened Condensed Milk I made in my previous post? This is where that extra cup gets used! This is another recipe I have adjusted from an Almond Joy Cookie recipe I found on Pinterest. The things I changed from the recipe was how I made the milk (used the stevia blend and add vanilla), I didn’t use sugar free chocolate chips (see my post about hidden sugars for more info) and I only use half the amount of chocolate chips. I feel like the milk adds enough sweetness it’s okay to eliminate some chocolate to reduce the amount of sugar.
Again, this recipe is amazing because it really has limited ingredients-only 4!
Sweetened condensed milk – 1 Cup
Unsweetened Coconut – 1 1/2 Cup
Sliced Almonds – 2/3 Cup
Dark Chocolate Chips – 1/2 Cup
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease a mini muffin tin. You can easily use a normal muffin tin and make larger bites. We prefer the bites because it is just easy to pop right in!
2. Put all ingredients in one bowl and mix well. Make sure to cover all the coconut with the milk.
3. Scoop mixed ingredients into greased tin. Make sure you firmly press them down into the pan. I’m able to get 24 bites using this recipe.
4. Place bites in preheated oven ofor 15-20 minutes. When bites are done they will be brown and bubbly. See below:
5. The bites will not firm up on there on and will be very soft at this time. Place them in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes minimum.
6. At this point you can take them out of the pan. If you think you want more chocolate you can dip the bites in melted chocolate like below:
I dipped them this time but it really doesn’t need it! Let me know how you like them!
One of these delicious treats is around 3g of carbs. That’s a complete winner!