One of the low carb areas I’ve had trouble with is side dishes. Main dishes, meat, was obviously fairly easy. Cauliflower is one of the main items people seem to use to make some delicious side dishes but after a few weeks it can get old. This is when I started looking into zucchini. It has not disappointed!
I have made this recipe as fries many times and last night decided to try it as “chips.” I personally like the chips better. I felt like they cooked more evenly and the breading stayed on better.
Large Zucchini – 1
Grated Parmesan – 3/4 Cup
Almond Flour – 1/4 Cup
Garlic Powder – 2 TBSP
Italian Seasoning – 2 TBSP
Eggs – 2
Water – splash
1. Preheat oven to 425. Wash and thinly slice Zucchini.
2. Combine grated Parmesan cheese, almond flour, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
3. Beat two eggs and a splash of water in a separate bowl to create an egg wash.
4. Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet and grease. I then make myself a little assembly line to keep the potential mess to a minimum.
5. Cover zucchini in egg wash.
6. Transfer zucchini to the breading mix.
7. Place on baking sheet.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes!
The nutrition information is below. Enjoy!